• Our History

    Established 1951

For Your Reading Pleasure...

The year was 1951. In response to the needs of local farmers, Maplevale Farms started as a sole proprietorship by Norman G. Neckers as a custom meat-cutting operation. Gradually, Norman became involved in the processing and selling of many different cuts of beef and veal to various restaurants as far north as Buffalo, NY. In 1958, Kenneth B. Neckers joined up with his father Norman. As the years passed, more and more of the meat processing began switching to the large emerging plants in the Midwest with names like Iowa Beef Processors (IBP). Seeing the writing on the wall, their focus began to change from a meat only distributor to one carrying other restaurant items as well. In 1973, Maplevale Farms became a member of Nugget Distributors of America, a cooperative of approximately 100 other food distributors, and brought in its first cases of french fries and tomato catsup.

In 1985, as business expanded, Maplevale Farms outgrew its original warehouse in French Creek, NY and moved to its location 8 miles away in Clymer, NY. Building a modern 35,000 square foot warehouse and office facilities in what was once a corn field. In 1996 that facility was expanded to double it size to 70,000 square feet. Over the next 15 years and with the help of its 125 hard-working associates, Maplevale Farms grew by over 700%.

In 2002, Nugget Distributors of America merged with UniPro Foodservice. UniPro is made up of over 462 independently owned food distributors with over 750 locations, Maplevale Farms is now a part of an organization with over 60 billion in purchasing volume from over 500 aproved suppliers. This has helped to give Maplevale Farms more purchasing power.

In 2011, as business expanded, Maplevale Farms outgrew its 70,000 square foot building in Clymer and purchased a 200,000+ square foot building in Falconer, NY. In 2012, Maplevale Farms purchased the Elmer Bender Meat Company in Buffalo, NY and moved the fresh meat cutting operation to our facility in Falconer.

Today, purchasing from over 300 manufacturers and offering over 10,000 products, Maplevale Farms has gradually grown from its humble beginnings into one of the area's leading foodservice distributors.